To do this, you will need a Windows Server 2008 system already installed and configured with a static IP address and Active directory.
You will need to know your network’s IP address range, the range of IP addresses you will want to hand out to your PC clients, your DNS server IP addresses, and your default gateway. Additionally, you will want to have a plan for all subnets involved, what scopes you will want to define, and what exclusions you will want to create.
1. Click on Start then Click on Server Manager, click Roles from the Left then Click on Add Roles.
2. When the Add Roles Wizard comes up, you can click Next on that screen.
Note: have a static IP address assigned on your server, and a Strong Password.
3. Select the DHCP Server Role, and click Next.
Note: Plan the IP network information, scope information, and DNS information. If you only want to install DHCP server with no configured scopes or settings, you can just clickNext.
4.Select the network Connection Bindings by selecting the Network connection that is going to assign IP addresses to your clients then click on Next.
5. Validate Your DNS Settings. to make sure everything is fine.
6. Type the address of the WINS server if you are using one. if not then leave it as default and click next
7. Click on add, to add a DHCP scope.
8. Now Name yous Scope, Type the starting IP range and the ending IP address, subnet mask and default gateway which is optional.
9. Make sure activate the Scope is check. Click OK then Click Next.
10. in the video I do not Have IPv6 so there is no need to Configure DHCPv6 so click Disable and click next.
11.leave the authorization default and click next. Unless you are a user.
12. Confirm the Installation and click install, and that is it you are Done!!